gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
6 hours ago

For better or worse, her compliment seemed to have worked. Finch couldn't tell if it would be a reliable trick, but she deposited this information carefully to return to it later. She was much more at home analyzing properties of plants rather than trying to figure out what makes other wolves tick. There was something... icky about trying to outsmart someone else. Is that what she was doing? Well, she certainly couldn't out run or out fight Calliope. She had to out-something her if she was going to survive this.

Calliope got down to work beside her and Finch became aware, again, of her closeness. The size of her. Her particular smell. All of it she catalogued and filed away for later perusal. She made quicker progress than Finch could, and Finch focused on the finer aspects of the dig rather than the brute strength of it: she moved dirt out of Calliope's way so she could get a better angle and widened their field of work, careful to keep any dirt from caving in on top of them. Silence stretched between them and all that could be heard were the sounds of their breath and exertion.

As she dug, Finch finally broke the quiet: "You're a pack wolf, I can smell that - which one?" Or rather, where are you taking me after this? Certainly not The Hallows, she knew their particular smell and they weren't ones to take prisoners. Finch knew precious little of the various packs. It wasn't that Avalon was insular, necessarily, but they didn't exactly involve themselves in the larger political landscape of Boreas. Small and quiet. She had liked that, hadn't she?