ardent

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Flamesong

gems
size
build
player
12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Flamesong dipped his silver head graciously, following his alpha into the land beyond the border of Valhalla. His golden eyes were warm with gratitude and respect for the younger dame who walked beside him. She seemed so respectable for one so young, and wise beyond her years.

The woman asked him about his previous home, and though it pained him to do so, he felt that she had every right to know of his roots. He walked onward through the territory and turned his head briefly ro recant his tale.

"I come from a pack just past the mountains, where my mate and family lived for a short while. I was raised there, and trained to relieve the alpha of his position when he reached the age of retirement. Not long after my mate had pups, I became alpha of that pack."

He remembered her that early morning, her hazel eyes bright with joy after delivering three girls and a boy. She had been so radiant, the light of his life. A smile rested faintly on his featires as he thought of her and the love she had for him and their children. They had been such a beautiful family.

"Weeks later, I had taken out a patrol to hunt for the pack, and we had only been gone for a short time when a group of nomads..." His countenance fell at his last word, a tang of bitterness causing his voice to crack in harsh memory. "They raided our small pack when it was left unprotected. And my mate was one who did not survive. I have not seen my pups since, as my searches have been fruitless. I then decided to venture into the packlands beyond the terra I was familiar with."

He held his head high at this point, drinking in the scents of his new pack and letting the images of the landscape wash away his fears and doubts. It was a great pack. He turned his head once more to the alphess and gave her a curious look.

"You say Valhalla has many enemies? What other packs pose a threat?"