ardent

final goodbye

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
01-04-2014, 12:56 PM

A familiar scent crossed him as he sat, but he did not react, allowing the boy to choose when and how to approach the father he had not seen since the very early days of his life. Codeine had been off on his own, unaware of what had transpired among the members of his family, uneducated on their less-than-amiable falling-out. Seraphim wondered what his son had heard since returning from wherever he had been, and hoped it hadn't been too scathing.

Patiently he listened to Codeine's questions, but waited until the boy took his seat beside him to respond. I have been here, as I always am, he began, offering a small smile in return. As for your mother and sister wanting to take my head, I can tell you what you've missed. When Morphine lost Tortuga and I chose to remain and serve as beta to the new leader, she was less than happy. Artemis was already upset with me because I offered to care for a starving, abandoned child and raise her as another daughter instead of letting your siblings taunt and abuse her. He glanced down at the boy for a brief moment before returning his gaze to the night sky.

Morphine decided that since I had betrayed her, that she would attempt to take my life if I had any relationship with you, Artemis, or Ares. Since then, I have merely been getting my affairs in order. These last words caused his smile to broaden slightly. Truly he had never intended to stay away from his children for long. They were his blood just as much as they were Morphine's. He would always come back to them.

Speech
Thought
Others