Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

She had been anticipating the look of upset that crossed the youngster's face when the fact no food was readily available had been spoken, though the eagerness and excitement that quickly stole over her upon knowing that Mercianne was willing to catch her something was entirely unexpected. The stressed mother felt herself beginning to smile all the more brightly again, sincerely happy to be able to light up the child like this. Not only did it seem to be what Oracle needed what with her family gone missing - though Merci did wonder about the other children; were they simply out adventuring? - but it was good for her too. Even if she had needed that moment alone to curl up quietly by herself inside the den, her true calling had always been in assisting others. It was why healing had come so naturally to her, why she had been able to gain her confidence through it. But sometimes making others well came in other forms, some as simple as an impromptu hunting expedition.

"Yes, I mean hunting," she responded with a kind smile as the black, tan, and grey girl eagerly stood up and nearly toppled over the few herbs that Mercianne kept close at hand to ease a calming scent over her children at night, to assist in restful sleep while their sister remained absent. Seemingly embarrassed, Oracle excused herself and crawled her way outside the den to wait. Having the space to herself again, the quiet white wolf took a moment to breathe. Spending this little time with Oracle, and all the times in between helping tend to her pains, reminded her of her loss, of the daughter she had once possessed. I hope she's okay out there. I wish she could be here now.

Finally drawing herself up onto her paws, she followed Oracle's trail out of the den and into daylight. The pup was grinning, too excited even to sit and wait, but just the sight of her enthusiasm was enough to infect Merci and get her smiling too. "I'm sure we can find a little something around here. Maybe even something you can get on your own," the creamy white wolf stated encouragingly. She led the way out of the den and back up further inland, aiming for the places where the grasses grew before the treeline. There were typically little creatures abundant here - she had seen her pups playing amongst the mice on mock hunts - and knew the pickings to be relatively easy. "Just this way." Merely being out of the den and on the prowl brought some of her natural instinct back, and Mercianne found herself lowering her head and making the placement of her paws with more care, dark brown eyes focused and her ears ever alert. Already she could catch a little of the scents that greeted her and within a few paces the scratching was audible enough to elicit a smile to her expression as she glanced over one shoulder at the youth who followed. "Do you hear that?" she whispered, pausing so that Oracle could stop and put her ears to use too.