ardent

Start of a new Chapter

Gerhardt

gems
size
build
player
11-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Though he knew it was likely he had missed something, when she started his lips fell open in surprise. It seemed he'd missed more than he thought. His son and daughter in law had adopted a child, that was certainly good news. It seemed Maverick was repaying to someone else what had been done for him in his youth. A few had been accepted and brought into the fold, their names filed away for later use. Tahlia had taken Bane as a mate - and though the once-King thought she could do better he would not protest it. It seemed, however, that Bane had been demoted and then maimed and banished - ah, so Maverick had had to deliver swift justice. He wasn't certain he could have anticipated that from the red boy, though he knew of his hatred of Bane. And given the description of the man's crimes, Gerhardt couldn't say that he would have done any different in the same situation. Bronze and Silent had children, yes, he recalled that news - though he'd only left days after. Aeil and Silent were promoted - a fine decision. Finally came the news he'd dreaded, Glaciem had fallen to the paws of a horrific leader - and three from Seracia had gone to war because of it. Two were lost for certain, one was unheard from, and that one just happened to be his own brother-in-law. Gerhardt gave a sigh and slowed his pace to meet up with her side, pressing into her lightly and draping his muzzle against her scruff. "I am sorry to hear that. I am certain your brother is alright, he's a fine warrior - a man I admire very much." There was perhaps none that Gerhardt trusted more aside from his own family - and now Pontifex was family. Hearing all of this, he was certain Maverick and Epiphron would be beside themselves with grief over the loss of two members. Perhaps his return was perfectly timed - they would need someone they could trust to give them advice and support. He only hoped he could fit that mold. Head would rise from her scruff to point toward the sky, letting loose a howl for his family. Epiphron, Maverick, the children - and any who would come. It was time for a reunion.

"Speech"