ardent

MOTHERS SACRIFICE.

Eris

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2013, 07:22 PM

The commotion all around her was nearly lost, as she gently cleaned the one pup that had survived, and mentally mourned the loss of the others. Words flowed into her mind as a scent filled her nose, Seraphim... Forcing an impassive look she glanced at him, before looking back to her pup. Her emotions couldn't give her feelings away now. Another arrived, the once prisoner of Glaciem Azalea, and she spared her a fleeting smile as her golden eyes paused on her swelling form. Soon more children of Isardis's would be born. Satis spoke again, and as the physical pain faded she realized, what Satis thought. She wasn't trying to betray Glaciem... "Azalea, glad to see you are well." She murmured lightly, happy the young Valhallan wolf had made it home.

Erani, the ivory healer who had helped her, spoke before Eris could figure out exactly what she wanted to say. Erani's words were very truthful as to her purpose here. A sigh left her, as she laid beside her daughter, and she looked up at the wolves gathered, it was time to tell some truth. Looking at Satis, she spoke alone to the oddly colored wolf, ignoring the others. "Satis, if you think I came to Valhalla to escape Glaciem, you misjudge me. Erani is right, I came to Valhalla's borders for an herb, an herb that I thought would prevent what's happened here." She paused, a sad look crossing her, as she looked at her dead children, before continuing, her voice hollow. "From happening again. The herb I needed grows here, and it may have strengthened me enough to save their lives. I scoured the North searching for it, every nook, every cranny. The last thing I wanted to do was ask Valhalla for help, when I knew it would upset Isardis so, but I had no choice."

She paused for a moment, before speaking, continuing with what she had to say, to hopefully calm the rising tensions. "Erani did everything she could, we both did what we could to save these two." She spoke, her voice hollow with grief, with a look at Impra. "But, sometimes life makes no sense and death takes those who haven't even had a beginning." Standing, she detached herself from her nursing pup, and nosed her gently before moving to stand over the two who were lost. Looking at the white healer, she paused for a moment before speaking again. "Erani, if you don't mind, I'd like them to stay, at least long enough to meet their sister. These pups are their blood too. " Gently she nosed the corpses of her children, tears pooling in her golden eyes as she contemplated names for the fallen pups.

With a sigh, she realized she had left one question unanswered. "I would like to see them buried. Once Irune is dry enough to travel, I'll make my return to Glaciem, and stop when she needs the rest. " Her mixed feelings about the pallid brute aside, Isardis was a good father, and Irune would need him in the coming days. By now the king had to know she was gone, and she'd have to explain all of this to him again. Her exhaustion played no part in her decision. She just wanted to be home, before Isarids stormed the front demanding her release from a place where she wasn't a prisoner. Pushing aside her anxieties and worries about the future, she left her deceased pups while contemplating names, and stood over Irune, using her muzzle to beckon Satis and Impra forward, "Come, meet your half-sister." She murmured, stepping slightly away from her daughter, so the she-wolves could see her.

Turning towards the Valhallan wolves and Seraphim, she sighed lightly. "I know tensions between our packs are horrible, but I thank you for looking past that to help me when.... I needed it. You are honorable wolves, Erani... all of you. I won't forget what you've done here." She looked at her dead pups, before looking back at the ivory healer. [b]"I want to take them home, but I know that isn't possible, so they'll have to be buried here, or perhaps just over the border?.. Names... I don't know what to name them.." She murmured, her voice breaking, as she spoke of their fate.

With those needed words finished, she left Irune's side, hoping that her sisters would meet her, and went to her deceased pups sides. She wracked her brain for names, trying to think of something.. anything.. to call them. She didn't particularly know what to call them, and she stood there, hollowly looking at them as she debated. She knew she couldn't leave directly to Glaciem, it was cool, and the pup needed to dry at least. Why couldn't this be easier?

[url=http://www.tintedglass.net/layoutgen]Code[/url] generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator