ardent

Boneweary

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-02-2013, 10:21 PM

Aranya's paws ached something fierce, seeming to growl and howl and moan. She had spent the better part of her day trekking up to the stop of this godsforsaken waterfall. Why? She could hardly remember, but she supposed it had something to do with the view. To her front a waterfall roared with vicious delight at the existence of gravity, to her left a stream gurgled and hiccuped. The slate cliffs that plummeted beneath her shimmed in the golden pre-sunset light, and the horizon before her was jagged with peaks and valleys of a foreign mountain range. Had she more energy they would likely fascinate her, she might even set out that very moment, but for now she was tired. She had considered finding a place to curl up for the night, but while at the moment the wind was calm, every now and then it would pick up in great gusts. She wondered if perhaps a storm was rolling in. The air carried no scent of rain, but she had learned long ago that mountains make storms all their own.

She sighed, her stomach growled, her eyes drooped. It had been a long few weeks. Not for the first time she considered heading south until the season wore itself out. As it happened, spring was not so near at hand as she had hoped. This land was harsher than she had anticipated, and it was thinning her body and fraying her emotions. She was tired, and gods help her if she was tired of tired. Where had they energy filled days gone? This was only her third winter, she should not feel as if that number were doubled. Is it time to settle down? she wondered. I wish there was someone to talk to, I hardly know where I am, much less where a pack might be. She wasn't sure what she wanted, but it was not this. It was not a cold, hungry, lonely mountain top.

Speech,Thoughts,