gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
01-14-2014, 04:37 PM

His curiosity had pulled him to the northern part of the lands, where he had heard there was a lake of immense beauty. A lake that boasted natural ice formations in addition to the even more unusual light show that took place beneath the surface. This claim had led him all the way here, his black fur fluffed slightly against the icy wind that belied the more balmy spring weather of the southern territories.

There, just ahead: the ice formations that had been spoken of so highly to him. He studied them from a short distance, green eyes narrowed against the chill. But what was that? A flash of movement among the pillars, a pale wolf gliding between them as though ice made flesh.

Interest piqued, Loki set off after, barely taking a moment to admire the way the ice glowed under his dark paws despite the fact that he'd come here for that very thing. He could look at glowing ice any time; this was a much more fleeting opportunity, the chance for some mischief.

He padded after the other wolf, stalking as though hunting a skittish deer. Following at a distance, slipping around the ice formations, paws as silent as he could make them, he slowly closed the distance, until...

The wolf before him spoke, her words drifting back the short distance to him. Loki's ears and tails drooped a little in disappointed indignation. How had she heard him? He'd been as silent as he knew how to be. But the female was turning to face him, and Loki was quick to replace the disappointment with a casually sly expression, as though he'd been planning on this all along.

"Your powers of observation fail to astound me. I was wondering when you would notice me," he claimed smoothly. "And now that you have, lovely, I can finally observe you more closely." His head and tail were set at an arrogantly jaunty angle as he sauntered closer to the pale, rose-eyed woman.

A little clumsier than his usual, but she'd caught him off guard. He would need to remedy that.

"Speech"