ardent

I'm Comin' Back Home / p

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
03-19-2013, 06:11 PM

He'd said he wouldn't tell her of the fall, but he really felt as if it was his only option now. She was extremely upset - and rightfully so - but he couldn't help that, he could only try to find ways to divert from that. It seemed that pain had not worked. She proceeded to question him further, each one biting into him and causing him to tense up. He didn't want to lie, didn't want to lose her trust, but he wasn't about to go against his word. Her last question sent a shiver down his spine, and he could not suppress the growl that followed. His maw wrinkled into a snarl and he stood up an inch or so more, wincing as he did. "Don't you say that!" he roared angrily. "It wasn't like that at all. We just talked." The snarl continued to quiver on his maw, so foreign in comparison to his usually happy mischievous grin. He fell silent though, as she began to gently run her tongue across his bruised and beaten ribs. Somehow the pain seemed to ebb away as she did so, and the sink sheathing his fangs soon relaxed into a morose mask. She would speak up again, this time giving him a stern talking to about being a man. She said she knew the truth, but he knew she couldn't. He wasn't that much of a fool. "I made a promise. A man wouldn't break his promise, even if it meant he'd have to dodge the truth in order to keep it." He spoke this as if it were an oath, and in his mind.. it was. He sighed and lowered his voice, and quieted his tone to a normal one. "I didn't do anything wrong, and I don't feel sorry for what I did." He truly didn't. Even though she was pissed off, the fact was he was a nearly grown wolf, a yearling, and he could - and was supposed to - venture off from time to time if he wanted to.

Speech,