ardent

I'm Comin' Back Home / p

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
03-19-2013, 06:40 PM

At least she was coherent enough to listen now. The boy, on the other hand, was growing more and more agitated by the second. How could she sit there and act like he'd just killed a whole pack and then come home to mommy? He'd only been out talking to a girl. It wasn't even like they'd done anything! Ears would remained pinned as distaste and frustration painted across his face. She would never let this go, she'd never really listen. He couldn't tell her the truth because doing so would be breaking a promise! Hadn't he always been taught to be a man of his word? Hadn't she just said for him to be a man? He was trying! "I know how you met father. He's told me before." He was not in the mood anymore. She'd ruined his perfect day, his perfect night. "And just what's wrong with Valhalla? As far as I could tell she wasn't a murderer, she was just a girl." Just what beef did his mother have with Valhalla? And why on earth did she think they were in love? Maverick did have strong feelings for Epiphron, but he wasn't sure if it was love. "She is a Valhallan, I'll say that much." Eyes narrowed almost defiantly. His mother would just have to accept that he was not going to break his promise just to make her happy. "Do you really expect me to break my promise? I wouldn't lie to you if it wasn't absolutely necessary." That was the solemn truth. Maverick did not enjoy lying, in fact, it left a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, but she was giving him no other option. I'm home and I'm safe, isn't that enough for you?" His voice at the end was almost pleading, begging her to just relax and be happy that her son was home and perfectly fine save for a bruise or two.

Speech,