Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM

The stalking beast had fallen silent for the moment, but Qanik was under no illusions that she was alone. That scent still permeated the fog around her. Coming from seemingly every direction at once, that scent made it clear that whatever it was was still there, quietly stalking her, and the thought caused her pelt to prickle uncomfortably.

Then between one step and the next, he was simply there, a sleek black shape in the fog. Too close to stop in time, the white wolf still tried, setting her paws in the muddy ground and jerking backward. But inertia is a powerful thing to reverse, and she barely had time to turn her head up and to the side to protect it from the blow when she bounced off a sleek black chest.

She was immediately back on her guard, thick ears back warningly as her blue eyes studied the creature before her. Some form of large feline, black with light blue eyes, but even through the muted gray of the fog she could see his black hide was spotted. Her pack had been too far north to have had contact with the spotted jungle cats, so she had no experience with which to identify his species, and she likewise had no recognition of the words he spoke. She knew enough of large cats in general, however, to have a healthy amount of respect for the large male.

"I'm sorry," she said politely, for it pays to be polite to a large unknown predator with lethal claws and teeth, "I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying."

Speech,