Champion

gems
size
build
player
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM

~*~

Fishing. Not Champion's strong suit.

The two year old mamoth decided this after a couple hours of dancing around in the shallows of the river. Show her a deer and she'd sink her fangs in, an elk and she'd track it for days, a rabbit and she'd make the snow fly, but fish?

"Slippery little devil!" Champion growled out in a voice almost too deep for a female. She skirted across grey pebble shores, her eyes training on the fleeing streak of silver. "When I catch you I'm sucking your eyeballs out first! - Whahoa!" Champion howled as she tripped across a sharp stone. Before she could recover her balance the tangle of riverweeds claimed her paws. Down she went with a SPLASH!

The current tugged her free and shunted her along a few feet, but the bear sized she-wolf brought her head up quickly. Shaking the water from her ears she planted her feet and stood up in water that would've had most other wolves swimming for their lives. Champion had been called a freak more than once for her height, but her teasers had only ever received a wink and snarling grin. Born in a strictly militaristic pack, Champion's definition of beauty depended more for on ability than looks. She was proud of her size, just as she was proud of her thick, warm coat, and the scars that lay beneath - Most of which were the result of dangerous situations she calmly walked herself into. Death and pain didn't seem to affect her the way it did normal, sane wolves.

Still, no use standing around in a river with flood season on it's way. The fish were being too crafty today. Champion drew herself, dripping and sopping, out of the water's edge and onto the sun-warmed bank. With a puff of cold breath, she planted her legs and shook herself out vigorously. Water sprayed everywhere, and when she was done it was an even larger Champion that stood there in the spring time sun.

It was the curse of fluffy fur. You became a puffball after every swim.

But CHampion seemed oblivious to it, the she wolf gave a yawn and a few snaps of her teeth, then padded a circle on the stone. "Perfect." she muttered, and started settling in for a noontide nap.

Then the wind shifted. With it came the promise of another wolf in the are. A male by the scent and a pack wolf - tho the pack scent wasn't familiar. Champion blinked away any thought of sleep and looked up in the direction of the newcomer. "If you're here for the fish, I'll warn you - they seem to have sprouted wings today."

~*~

~I?m now becoming my own S.e.l.f.-.f.u.l.f.i.l.l.e.d. Prophecy ~