Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
02-03-2014, 03:45 PM

She would settle down comfortably beside him, and a hearty laugh would leave his throat. All of his children -- all nine of them, to be exact -- had been so different. And yet they were all remarkably similar in demeanor. All of his children were loyal and strong, never weak of soul or slow of mind. Some had sharp minds, while others preferred to use their claws. Regardless, they were all perfect in his eye, and he thought of this as he gazed upon his daughter. How he wished they were all together again, but he was too old and too tired to travel far. Maybe someday his youngest children would find their older siblings, but it was more than likely they never would. He was happy that they were not disappointed over this, simple curious and in awe.

It seemed Ara, most of all, found wonder in the smallest things. How frequently she would come to him with a small plant or flower, or even a simple weed that had no purpose at all. She wanted to know everything there was to know. Already she was more knowledgeable than he in the art of healing, and he truly could not be more proud of her.

"Soon," he answered her sudden question, smiling and letting his eyes drift shut. It would be a good outing, though the walk was not long -- it was only long for a creature that had lived longer than a decade. "I am good, Ara, now that you are here," he said honestly. He valued any moment spent with his children, and he leaned to nuzzle her gently, opening his eyes to reveal his shining, eager gaze. "Tell me, daughter, what did you find there?"