ardent

All That Glitters

Gwyndolyn

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2014, 01:41 PM

The other woman shook herself, adding: "I should probably keep going. I'm actually searching for more of my cross marked family."

Gwyn canted her head to one side, suddenly struck by the irony of it. While this brilliantly-contrasted white woman sought her family, the grey, non-descript wanted nothing more than to escape everything she had ever known. A half-choked laugh escaped Gwyn at the thought, and she could only hope the sound wasn't as bitter to the other girl's ears as it was hollow in Gwyn's.

"Then I wish you the best of luck finding them, Twig. I haven't been in this land very long but... it is big," she bowed her head slightly. Gwyndolyn knew it couldn't be an easy search. She could have left it at that and let the other woman go... indeed, Gwyndolyn needn't do anything more for the other, a perfect stranger. But she found herself growing suddenly serious, and her next words were meant in a kindly way: "If ever I should find another wolf marked like you, I shall let them know one of their kin is seeking them." Gwyn wasn't sure why she offered to do that. It wasn't any of her business what became of Twig or her family. She could have left well enough alone. She shifted her weight a little uncomfortably. Maybe, just maybe, it was because Gwyn could understand seeking something dear... just as she was. It may not have been family, but its meaning to her would be great when she found it.

Stock courtesy of Dawnthieves.