Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
02-26-2014, 08:55 AM

Basilisk would've never expected her to warm up to him. When they had first met, she had been so full of anger and rage, but it seemed his compliance had made her so much more docile. There was no longer a reason to direct her anger onto him. He would not retaliate. Instead, he had learned to focus his own energy into greater things. And it was clear that Cataleya was not pleased with his membership in Tortuga. Basilisk, too, was realizing that he would not gain the power he wanted there. He had to leave, and soon, and begin to put their plan into action.

"I will start soon," he promised her surely. It would not be easy, by any means; he was not the most pleasant creature to talk to, but he could try to recruit those he saw potential in. He wanted no weak wolves. A smirk lined his features as she drew near, feeling her tongue lash out to dance over his wound. Behind him his grey-flecked tail waved gently where it lay at his hocks, and he felt his chest constricting with excitement. He had wanted so badly to give his loyalties to his sister, to be her partner, to take back what was theirs with her -- but somehow, Cataleya had found her way into his head and he could not shake her.

He would pause, pressing his weight briefly into her touch. He was no longer a child, after all, and the presence of a woman was enticing to him. He thought of the girl he had met so long ago by the cove, and though he had reunited with her once, he had not been able to stay. He also thought of Jupiter's daughter, who had ignited such a strange sense of excitement within him. "Just promise me you will not betray me." He'd had enough betrayal for a lifetime; he couldn't handle any more.