gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

At the woman's words, Qanik, too, swept her gaze out over the lake, and her whole demeanor softened. "Yes, this is a beautiful place," she agreed. "All of Tortuga's lands are. They are..." she paused a moment, searching for a way to express the feelings that winged through her chest at the thought of the lands, of the pack, but finally she just settled for, "They are home."

Roman questioned her, asking if she was all right, and Qanik's pelt rippled as she thought about her answer. No, she was not all right. She was off balance, emotionally tender, still fighting with the hurt and anger... but it seemed rude to say any of that to the wolf who had unwittingly caused much of that, and physically, her wounds were not bothering her.

But before she could answer, another wolf was approaching them, the young wolf who had joined the day of the meeting. She gave Roman a respectful greeting first, as she properly should as Roman was the alpha, then turned to greet Qanik as well before tensing up. This girl too - what had her name been? - asked if she was all right, asked if she'd been attacked.

Qanik flicked an ear humorously. "Surely," she chuckled, "but he looks as bad as I, and it was by mutual agreement. We were simply sparring - perhaps we got a bit carried away by it." Her gaze traveled to Roman, the wolf who had declared them an army, and neutrally continued with "And it is the duty of every warrior to keep their skills in readiness, is it not?" She studied the alpha intently for a beat, then added, "I am fine - the wounds will heal, and I have had worse."

She wasn't sure what to make of this Roman. She called them an army, told them they would inspire fear, yet she herself seemed... serene. Well, respectful, anyway, which wasn't quite what she was expecting. With a purely mental sigh, with her anger fading into tiredness, Qanik admitted to herself that she might be letting her hurt over the abrupt and unexpected change in leadership affect the way she was viewing the woman. Perhaps she needed to reserve judgement for now.

speech.

cowardice is the only sin