Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-03-2014, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM by Epiphron.)

Epiphron did not know how her other children would react, except Arian, who she had already spoken to. Her blue gaze was fixed on Caeto, vaguely curious about his rather serious expression. He had always been a serious boy, far more serious than her other children, and she couldn't help but wonder what he might be thinking.

Caeto's expression seemed to falter slightly, but she could not see how. He did not seem angry, nor excited; instead, he offered a gentle and hesitant question. "None, my beautiful son," she told him gently, slipping forward to nuzzle him tenderly again, as though he was a fragile newborn again. "We simply want you all to be happy. Whether that is here, or with us, is up to you." Arian voiced her agreement, and she heard the excitement in her daughter's voice.

Celeste had arrived, and was listening quietly. Epiphron was far from oblivious to the annoyed expression that crossed her young daughter's features, seeing the hurt that arrived in her eyes -- so uncalled for. Weak, Celeste said -- no, called them. "No," she corrected her daughter gently, aiming to voice her thoughts before the child slipped away. "It is not weak to follow one's heart, my sweet Celeste. If I was too scared to follow my desires, then you could call me weak." A gentle sigh escaped her lips, as her daughter left. If only she knew -- Celeste had no idea why she and Maverick were leaving, and it seemed she might never understand. She was reminded suddenly, so painfully, of Neo, who had grown so cold and bitter out of nowhere. She could only hope her daughter would not entirely turn on her, for nothing but wanting to explore the world; if only she knew. As her daughter disappeared from view, a soft sob would escape her lips, a sound she hadn't meant to let escape, and she turned to bury her face in Maverick's neck. A rare moment of weakness, but one that she did not bother to hide, not around her closest family.