Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-10-2014, 03:17 PM

The alpha bid her to be careful, and Qanik nodded agreement. Her spars were generally of a much more... gentle nature than this last had been, and now that she'd calmed she realized - much to her chagrin - that the risk to her and to the wolf she had similarly injured had really been too great for what little practice she'd gotten from the fierce and fast battle. The thought made her wonder guiltily if the other wolf was all right, if he had access to a healer or not, and she winced knowing that she, still angry and unthinking even after the fight, had not made it a point to make sure he got to where he was going all right.

The youngling spoke up excitedly, asking her about sparring. "I would be more than happy to," she replied sincerely. "Though not so fiercely as this, I think - I do not believe our alpha would appreciate either of us laming the other accidentally." She smiled to take whatever sting might have been implied out of the words.

Roman posed a question to her, and Qanik shook her head. "Not long... only since spring. Gossamir, Ritsuka and I joined the same day." Roman had asked Melody a question as well, and Qanik listened with half an ear, since she'd seen movement along the lake shore. A warm smile creased her muzzle - it seemed like she'd summoned Gossamir by speaking of her.

Turning her attention back to Melody, she saw sorrow sweep over the young wolf, only to be pushed aside as she straightened back up. She studied her for a moment, recalling what the wolf had spoken of. "Where is your family now?" she asked gently, hoping not to upset Melody further but wondering what it was that had led to this wolf being alone, and so saddened.

Gossamir had reached them, carrying some form of herb that Qanik admitted to herself she had absolutely no idea what it was. She carefully set the plant aside before speaking up. Qanik smiled at her irreverent manner. "Good evening, Gossamir. Melody - " she'd finally remembered the young wolf's name, thanks to Roman's conversation with her " - and Roman and I were just getting to know each other a little, since circumstances had us all here anyway."

This put her in mind of what Tortuga was like before Roman took over, and in this Qanik had to admit the pack had improved - before every time a group of Tortugans met it was the same three wolves, never any more than them... Gossamir, Ritsuka, and Qanik herself. Now at least there was a little more life to the pack. She just hoped that it wasn't too little, too late, or that the bad would outweigh the good.

Speech,