Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-11-2014, 07:17 AM

Ara was unsure if they would be willing to let her into their home. The man that had approached -- who initially appeared rather serious -- seemed to lighten up considerably, even smiling. Her tail still hung limply behind her, showing neither dominance nor submission. The yearling was neither of these things; she simply was. "I would never intrude," she spoke honestly and seriously. She would never risk her safety over something so trivial. Except maybe if it was a matter of life or death.. for her, or someone she loved.

He questioned her then, asking why she needed it. She wondered if maybe he thought that it was some rare, highly valuable thing; it seemed strange she had come so far for a plant if it was not a dire situation. "I search for Wolfsbane," she admitted slowly, speaking to both of the Ebony wolves. "I have been here, many months ago, before your pack came to inhabit these lands. I need this herb for my father. It helps him sleep." It was a poison, too, if not used in small amounts or diluted with water. Not the safest of plants, but so effective as a sedative and in relieving his pain and anxiety and helping him sleep. Ara recognized it was a strange request, too, as Wolfsbane could easily be used to harm others. She could only hope they would not think that she was trying to trick them.