Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
03-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Basilisk felt a strange pressure in his chest at the sight of his sister. She did not recognize him for a long moment. She was lost in her own mind, just as their mother had been so often, alone in the darkness. Even he knew that kind of loneliness. He suddenly wished he could rescue her from the demons, but he knew the monsters in one's own head could not be confronted by anyone else. He was silent and still, not wanting to enrage her or upset her, as she thrashed about. After so many minutes she seemed to grow calm. Her eyes focused on him, losing their fog. They recognized him and slowly his tail would sway behind him. He did not show affection toward many, but she would prove to be an exception.

His gaze narrowed as she came back to reality. She would crawl to the earth, and he would lower himself to meet her. "My sister." He missed him brother, his mother, and his father -- but his sister, most of all. She was silent, and he swore he could see tears forming in her eyes. "You've come back to me." His words were soft, laced with emotion that he did not know how to express. Where was their mother? Certainly she had not been with Syn. Slowly he would bring his nose to touch the crown of her head. His chest heaved as another sigh escaped his pursed lips. "Don't leave me this time."