Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-26-2014, 07:17 AM

Though she was feeling quite exhausted, she knew with utmost certainty that the company of another would do wonders to her spirit. Though she was not always the most social of creatures, she was beginning to feel rather lost in this great expanse of sand and nothingness, and it helped to just know that she was not alone. He slowly turned to her gaze upon her, looking rather weary himself. She noted that he certainly did not look thrilled, but it seemed to be the situation itself that irked him, not her presence.

"I don't know, sir," she responded carefully. "Give it a few hours and we'll be able to see where the sun is going in the sky. That's the way I don't want to go." It was vaguely right -- it helped her find her way home more often than once. The sun always seemed to rise and fall in the same direction, she had learned, and it could be a guide for her if she ever found herself lost. Slowly the yearling would creep forward, unwilling to sit down beside him as though they were old friends. She was rarely so careful with strangers. But the shade was enticing, and she paused a few feet from him, cocking her head slightly to the side. "I'm a little lost myself..."