Bad Luck

Domovei

Somnium

gems
size
-
build
-
03-29-2013, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013, 07:04 AM by Domovei.)
It seemed as though Domovei was stuck in a perpetual cycle of confusion and chaos. Briefly he was able to rid himself of the panic that threatened to engulf his very being by focusing his vision on each paw as he stepped forward. Any hint of the desire to flee had left his body. Instead he padded along, his tail curled limply betwixt his hind legs, his head lowered towards the ever-frozen earth. He didn't remember where he was from. All he had left was faint glimpses of his childhood; had he even had parents? Why was it that all he remembered was his dear brother? For some time he'd escaped him, but the inextricable bond they shared had drawn Dario back to him. The brief reprise away from him brother was always short-lived, always left him with nausea lying heavily in his chest. He wondered now when his brother would find him; wondered of the punishment he might receive for fleeing.

This was the kind of existence he lived. Marred with guilt for crimes he did not commit -- it was his brother who had left him after all, and yet he would be punished for being stupid enough to not find him. Instead he'd gotten himself caught in this situation. Dario would not be happy to have to fight Newt for his little brother back.

Her deep voice was like music to his ears, drawing him out of his own head and allowing him to focus on the present. She spoke of her own master -- how far back did the cycle go? He was owned by Newt, she was owned by another. Did the cycle ever end? Her words suddenly seemed kind, and the sweet intention behind her words made him flinch slightly. "Perhaps, Newt..." He knew not of being happy, doubted he would ever find a place to truly call home. To Domovei, home was merely an invention, keeping him sane from one minute to the next.

Her mention of his brother seemed to irk him slightly, but the creature was keen to keep his expression docile. "What do you know of him?" Jaws parted as he tilted his head to the side to watch her uneasily as they went, their journey taking from south, apparently towards the land in which Newt ruled. He kept close to her, though was ever-aware of the way she towered over his small frame. The pulsing wound on his neck wouldn't let him forget her obvious strength, and domination she held over him. "You know nothing... the only love I know is for him, for Dario. I would never question his devotion to me." Would she try to convince him otherwise? He knew his brother had abandoned him, but dammit, he deserved it. It meant nothing. Don't... don't speak about him... you don't even know where he is, why he left me... if he left me at all...