Caeto

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-08-2014, 02:51 PM

He would stand quietly away from her, favoring his left limb, trying not to put too much pressure on it as blood dripped down his russet fur to blend in with the earth. It was throbbing painfully, but it wasn't a crippling injury. She hadn't torn any tendons or hurt anything vital, so he would recover well. He would just have a gnarly scar once it was healed. It was only after his words had sunk that she would bring herself back onto her paws. He could see the wheels turning in her head as she mulled his explanation over. It still wasn't much as far as explanation, but it was the god-honest truth. Despite being the reclusive, quiet boy that he was, he cared for this dark girl. The one who had enthralled him from their first meeting at his former pack's border. Something about her had called to him and the more time he had spent with her, the more he found himself beginning to grow fond of her. If what he'd done to protect her wasn't a testament to how much he cared for her, then he didn't know what was.

Her icy gaze, the boiling rage now gone, would lift to meet his and he would allow his own azure gaze to find her own in return, russet plume wagging gently behind him. He would wait with baited breath as she stepped closer to him, half expecting her to attack him again. But much to his relief instead she would simply come to bury her face in his neck. Caeto would sigh gently as he lifted his skull, draping it over her neck to cleanse the bite on her shoulder as her own tongue swiped across his wound. I'm sorry. came her quiet words as she apologized. He pulled back slightly, a look of disbelief crossing his features. But he would take it in stride, his own apology forming on his lips as he reached over to plant a gentle kiss on her dark lips. I'm the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have left like that, but I didn't know what else to do. He knew there wasn't much he could to make it up to her, but he promised himself to talk to her next time something like this happened. He didn't want her upset at him like that again.

Talk like this