Cifer

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-30-2013, 04:18 AM

A soft pink tongue lolled from the male's mouth as he plowed across the terrain of Glaciem. The thrill of the chase sang in his blood as he darted after an unfortunate calf he'd come across. Separating it from both parents had been a task within it's own, but he'd eventually managed to shepherd it away and then began the chase of life or death for the young caribou. It ran on wobbly legs that threatened to give out. He wasn't very old, perhaps only two weeks at most. It happened to give Cifer the advantage he needed to take it down on his own.

The creature began to stumble in exhaustion and the male took the chance to dart forward. Teeth sunk into it's hamstring tearing and pulling at the muscle before falling back just as it tried to kick him. It was enough to get the animal to slow some. He darted forwards again and this time he went for the ankle and bit down with bone crushing force at the weak joint. He could feel a snap and he backed away once again as it bucked before tripping and falling.

Now that it was on the ground he took it as an opportunity to go in straight for the kill. It's limbs flailed as it attempted to get back on it's feet. He bowled into it using strong muscles to pin it's head to the ground. After that it was almost a piece of cake. Teeth went straight for the jugular and it's blood spilled upon the ground staining it crimson. The life left its dark eyes and Cifer let go and backed away thoroughly pleased with himself. His tongue swiped out to lick his blood stained muzzle clean. This meal would be perfect for Crusade and himself to share.

She probably would have joined him had she not slept in this morning. She seemed to be doing that a lot lately. It made him curious. Under normal circumstances his mate would be up at the crack of dawn like himself. He went out every morning to patrol the borders and she herself normally included herself in those duties even though she was retired. So what was up?

He wasn't familiar with pregnancy. He remembered when Arcane had kids, but he had only been around her a few times and even then it was brief. He'd only brought her mate and her food every once in a while. He hadn't actually taken the time to study her habits so he had no idea about Crusade. It was quite puzzling honestly. They had indulged themselves in the mating process quite a few times, but he doubted they would be rewarded. Both were aging wolves and she happened to be older than he. Chances of them having kids were slim. It did not matter to him, he truly enjoyed her company and living with her to the last of their days was enough, but the thought of kids was a pleasing thought even if it was somewhat terrifying.

Jaws parted to tear into the flesh of his kill when a howl rang out. Ebony tipped ears flicked forward and his head snapped upwards. The voice was easily recognizable. Crusade. She sounded panicked and it worried him. It soon ceased as he realized her cries were of shock and jubilee. What had her so excited? What had her calling to the majority of the other pack too?

The kill was forgotten as Cifer rushed off to find the cream and copper colored dame. She was closer to the den site, but he could tell from her voice that she was headed towards the lake. He veered course and began to head in that direction. It didn't take long but he could soon see her in the distance. His pace didn't cease until he caught up to her. His tail wagged softly behind him at the sight of her as he neared.

"Crusade!" He panted. "What is it?"

[ooc: I'm just gonna point this out. It's not of my own free will that the text is in uppercase letters. I don't understand -_- Magic to me. I didn't code it this way. So forgive me. I loathe it. He's not yelling. Promise.]

Table by Azil. Do not use without permission.