Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2014, 11:46 AM

Soon after his song had disappeared into the distant trees, an answer came. Misha had such an undeniable voice, so soft and full of life, that he felt butterflies swimming in his stomach. He anticipated her arrival with adrenaline singing in his bones. Shortly after her howl had been heard, Misha came running through the trees shouting his name. She looked incredibly excited to see her mate. He nearly stood and ran towards her as well, but he wanted to keep his gift hidden, so he stayed put. The girl met him with a nuzzle and a lick, and he kissed her briefly in return. "It's good to see you, too, Misha. I missed you." He smiled purely and openly, taking in her blue eyes.

Those eyes flickered to an unknown shape that lingered behind his slim legs. He pouted for a moment. Of course he hadn't hidden it very well, but he decided to distract the female for a moment and build the suspension. After all, his ears had caught his nickname on the wind as she had hurried toward him. But only his nickname. As he thought back through their short time together, he realized that Misha had never called him by his full name. Did he want her to? He wasn't sure, but he figured she ought to know the truth.

"I have something to tell you before I explain what this is," he told the girl, nodding at the gift behind his paws. "Did you know that my real name is Dayton?"

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.