gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-23-2014, 08:28 AM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

"Loyalty is no small thing," she observed quietly in response to the boy's assertion. She'd made no reply to his claim that she'd misunderstood him, for what was there to say about that? It was purely a matter of trust, taking him on his word that he meant no harm, and Qanik was too cautious when it came to the pack to take someone solely on their word. Every time she made the decision whether or not to bring someone into the pack, she risked putting the entire family in danger, and the thought made her more than a little nervous. She would not, however, turn away a sorely needed body for such a flimsy reason.

Besides, she could not help but pity him.

"Mark me, Aldoro - if you come hoping to take advantage of a weak pack to cause trouble, you will sorely regret choosing Tortuga." The darkness of her blue-gray eyes promised violence were he to choose such a path. "If that is what you are here for, I give you this one last chance to walk away unscathed, for once you cross the border as part of the pack, if you betray us you will face my fangs." The threat was delivered with complete calm rather than in anger; though Qanik was by nature a peaceful wolf, she would do anything to protect her pack... her family.

"However..." Here her voice and face softened, relaxed as she regarded him. "If you come peacefully seeking a home and a family, then I happily welcome you to Tortuga, Aldoro. I would be pleased to have another brother willing to work by my side." Were he truly seeking a home in Tortuga, she hoped he would not take her caution personally. Were he not... well then it would be personal.

speech.

cowardice is the only sin