Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM

She was angry, and he understood why. She would be stupid to be happy to see him. There was no smile painted on his lips, no emotion teasing the corners of his mouth as there once had been in her presence -- he was expressionless as he watched and waited, oblivious to just how angry she would be. Perhaps she would be merciful and kill him, ending his suffering for once and all.. but she had never struck him as anything but merciless.

He had not understood until now. Only now did he truly grasp what he had to be. Not just for Cataleya, but for the pack as well. "It has taken this for me to understand," he began slowly. The words that fell from his jaws were laced with fervor. The fire had not yet been extinguished in him -- it had only grown stronger and more bright. "This has always been your empire, never mine," he told her heatedly. Though his voice rose slightly in tone, he would not grow angry around her. "But I still ask for another chance to aid you."

They would learn to respect him and treat him as a leader. As they treated Cat. For so long he had felt like a child; but finally he knew he was a man. Perhaps not the greatest of men, but a man nonetheless. And he wanted to build this empire by her side. He had craved revenge for so long; he had put all of his anger and energy into fulfilling a goal that had never even been within his grasp. "Do what you will with me," he sneered. "Since I have met you my fate has always been intertwined with yours. I don't want to change that. You know I will never betray you." His own tongue lolled from his mouth, his own blood still staining his fangs. Basilisk watched her unflinchingly, despite her anger. Pain did not scare him any longer, but the threat of being alone certainly was growing to be quite terrifying. "If I disappoint you again, I will answer with my life."