Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-26-2014, 08:48 PM

The moments of silence that hung between them were extraordinary. Short as they were, one could practically feel the contrasting thoughts that hung in the night air. Each word that was spoken evoked different thoughts, memories, responses... Dayton's warm gaze rested on the other boy in a distant sort of curiosity, thinking of Misha once more. If only he knew what Crucifix was thinking about.

The russet boy gave another sweetened smile as his acquaintance spoke again. "There is no doubt in my mind that this is true, Crucifix. Trust me when I say that you are a wonderful person inside and out. I know this already, and I've only just met you." As for his other comment, however, he didn't know how to respond. Even as Crucifix explained his cryptic words, the other was at a bit of a loss. "May I ask... what happened?" The smaller boy spoke gently and carefully, his voice soft as he asked the question. After all, he wouldn't feel very comfortable if the other wolf had asked him to reveal his dark past. "Don't feel obligated to tell me, I only wondered. Pardon me for being so rude. It's none of my business what happened to your siblings."

Dayton bowed and pawed at the shell, distracting himself for a moment by averting his eyes. Of course Crucifix didn't need to answer. Those hidden thoughts that hung in the air could stay there. Why stir up the calm waters between the two boys? It was stupid of him to ask in the first place.

In that moment, he felt a strange burst of decisive energy. If the darker boy revealed what had been done to his sisters, then so too would Dayton reveal his own tragedy. It was only fair, and besides, he felt a strange kindred trust in Crucifix already. What could be harmed by telling his story? The cards had been dealt. It wouldn't change the horror of the past.

Walk."Talk."Think.