Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
It had been long time since anyone had tended to his wounds. The tender way Loccian placed the herbs on his neck reminded Bronze very much of his mother -- not his biological mother, but the one who had taken him in. It wasn't often he trusted another, and while Bronze recognized that he was in a vulnerable position, he felt strangely pleased with his lack of control. Slowly, his muscles relaxed, letting Loccian do what she needed. Only occasionally did he flinch, and even less often would his muscles spasm involuntarily.

"I mean it. Thank you..." Bronze was unused to this kind of kindness, this pure compassion that so few creatures exhibited. He was uncomfortable with the idea of her thinking he was taking what she was doing for granted.

He wasn't sure exactly how long she tended to his wounds. Large muzzle would rest on forepaws as she worked, letting his eyelids close to conceal foggy hazel eyes. The beast nearly drifted to sleep, pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt to let his walls down and allow another to touch him, to care for him, even if it was short-lived.

Before long she announced that she was finished. Slowly he blinked his eyes open, turning his neck ever so slightly to watch her. Somehow he felt exhausted, despite his inactivity, and her suggestion to find somewhere to rest sounded nothing short of incredible. "If you don't mind, I think some assistance would be helpful," he offered, eyes watching her appreciatively. Was this what it was like to have a friend? He felt vulnerable and unsure and, somehow, it was strangely comforting that Loccian was in control, rather than him. For once, he could relax, and hope his mind would stay calm for awhile.

Hesitantly the brute shifted his weight, struggling to all fours shakily. Why was it that he felt even more weak than he had earlier? He was sure the female's remedy would begin working, and hopefully sooner rather than later. Though he wished he could stand strong on his own, he found himself leaning some of his weight against the female beside him.