Take me down

Champion

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM

~*~

Champion tilted her head slightly as the male?s iron coated laughter spilled out. His jibes bounced off her. For one thing, she?d learned long ago to deal with insults, and for another, she rather thought it was the male who was acting queerly in this scene. One moment he was proclaiming to the world that he wanted to kill something, the next he was mocking her for the rudeness of calmly offering a fight.

?My apologies,? Champion said with just a hint of dryness. ?I didn?t realize that speech of such things as bloodshed and fighting were considered dirty words in your mind.? She eyed him up and down. When she?d first laid eyes on him she?d analyzed his stance and form as she would have for any fighter, but now she just glanced him over in curious distaste. ?For me, fighting as always been an art; The heart and backbone of lupine culture. You could say I?m an artist in bloods and wounds, and my soul is most fulfilled when I can paint my pictures.? her tone wasn?t playful now. It was still calm of course, but it was grave. She knew the sort of life she lived ? and she knew the sort of risks that meant ? the sort of death she?d probably end up with. But all creatures faced death. In order for her to live, many prey animals had already died, it was only fair that death would eventually come for her. How? Well she?d find out in time. But hopefully it wouldn?t be old age.

?I offer a duel.? Champion growled quietly, ?More than a spar, hopefully less than a death match. Whether you wish to see it as a way to vent anger, hone your skills, or punish me for what you consider brashness is entirely your concern.?

Champion?s great curved claws stroked the dirt. ?Or you can continue on your merry way, spitting empty threats at these husks of trees. It?s up to you stranger. ?

~*~

~I?m now becoming my own S.e.l.f.-.f.u.l.f.i.l.l.e.d. Prophecy ~