gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Athena I
04-29-2014, 06:07 AM

The corners of her mouth curled up in a smile at his words, the sound of his chuckle heartening. It eased her worries quite a bit to hear him speak, much less speak. He would lean in and give her jaw a grateful lick, making the Olympian blush lightly under her russet fur. Her silver gaze shone happily, simply happy to have been able to at least partially repay the favor of saving her life. If there was one thing she didn't like it was leaving debts unsettled.

Her gaze would drift down toward the rest of his body, her ears flicking when she saw the blood clinging to the rest of his fur as well. She didn't think any of the wounds were as serious as the ones on his face and it was very possible that some of it was blood from the feline, but none of the less the joy in her gaze was still subdued by the time her sliver eyes found his red ones.

"I don't understand why you would risk yourself for me like this," she said softly, her ears folding back. "I'm not entirely sure some of my own family members would have tried this hard to protect me, much less not scold me for not jumping into the fight myself. In fact, depending on who it was, I probably would have been ridiculed for not fighting."

She was still standing over him, but with his height he didn't have to lean down much to gently brush her muzzle against his cheek, whispering, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, because I am... I'm just trying to understand... I've never felt so... concerned for anyone before." All of her emotions felt raw and volatile. Even once when her brother had gotten a nasty wound she hadn't felt this worried. Her eyes found his once again, searching his ruby gaze for some sort of answer.

Speech
Thought
Others