Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Crucifix had fallen into a deep sleep a little after the herbs had been administred, the sedative had kicked in and when he awoke he felt oddly refreshed. Not whole... but better and knew something that they had given him had helped. What had Orchid said again? He struggled through the lethargy knowing how important it was he remember. The herbs slipped into his mind in the same instant that the red queen slipped into his den. He blinked up at her as she approached, the scent of herbs fresh about her and he realised why as she slipped some to the den floor. More herbs would lay across his forehead and he sighed in relief and the soft coolness it brought his fevered brow.

He was no longer afraid that Vi would catch his sickness, he knew that if she was going to she would have already ? no it seemed his red queen was too strong for the likes of this strange illness. She was speaking to him and he struggled to focus on her words, smiling in relief as she asked him what herbs had been tried. ?Orchid tried... Meadowsweet, Ladys slippers? those two had been easy enough to remember. ?And some Valictic root..?? no, that didn't sound right. ?I can still smell it, I think she left some in the den for me in case anything helped ? Which I think it did, I feel better today then I have in a while, had a proper sleep? he smiled at Val, there was hope in his eyes that maybe they would find their way out of this.

"Speech"