Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Tealah
06-12-2014, 05:35 PM

It had not been long since Signy had returned from her long journey to Valhallan lands. She hadn't even gotten back to the den where her no-doubt worried mother was (precisely because her mother was probably worried), instead finding a nice comfy bush to sack out under for something like twelve hours of sleep. Maybe it wasn't actually that long but she definitely woke up feeling much refreshed. Sore from her long journey, and stiffened up from sleeping under a bush, but much more bright-eyed than before.

And she'd woken up just in time, apparently, for a faint howl to cross the land. Tiny ears pricked forward to catch it and wonder at it's meaning. Whatever it was, it must have been important because not long after a black and white Valhalla wolf she'd never met was hurrying past toward the call with a very serious expression. Important could mean exciting, and exciting always caught Signy's attention. Leaping to her feet, she snuck after him.

His pace was slow enough that even with her much shorter legs she was able to keep him within eyesight the whole way to their destination. As the land slowly gave forth to the blood-stained snowy fields of battle, Signy's eyes went steadily wider. Wow! Was that blood?! Awesome! Was someone fighting?! Was that where this guy was going?! Would she be able to watch?! Neat!

Finally the Valhallan male reached a group that seemed to be waiting for something, something that didn't seem to be him because no one did anything. Wow! The leader of all the other wolves was bright, bright red! Signy had never seen a wolf that color before, and her eyes went even wider, jaw dropping open in awe. How did she get that red?

Hoping to avoid sitting to close to someone who might recognize her, Signy skittered around to the far side. Whoa, what was that? A pair of pups a bit older than she was was sitting there waiting. One looked pretty similar to her, but with different eyes and white markings, but the other one was as bright red as the grown up she'd been gawping at. Signy immediately gravitated toward her, fearlessly plopping her butt down right beside her.

"HI," she whispered loudly. "What's going on? Who are all these wolves? What's your name? Why are you so red? Did you get stuck in a berry bush? Did someone dye your fur? I wanted to dye Cecily's fur but it's too dark and I got caught, but I tried to dye it blue but it didn't work. Do you like to play? I'm Signy!" The whole monologue was delivered in a stage whisper to the red pup practically at the speed of light, bright green eyes shining with curiosity and excitement. This was fun already!

"Speech"

[Image: 4234f0f1-d765-42c4-9a96-28953ac45eea_zpsqqruefmh.png]

This pine marten has a very foul mouth and a confusing accent. He is also fierce and hates to be called adorable. You have been warned.