Where Can I Go From Here?

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
05-01-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 09:12 PM by Dayton.)

The words Crucifix spoke were nearly poetic. Dayton didn't need to repay him at all - living his life happily would be enough. No more thought or contemplation. It was so... simple. Why couldn't life itself be that way? Without all of the obstacles and pains? He let out a sigh. As terrible as life could be sometimes, he was grateful for it. He appreciated that now more than ever. After all, his life had nearly ended a moment ago. Dayton smirked a bit as his friend spoke, warm breath spilling over his face. He was surprisingly comfortable here, even with another male draped over him. As long as each touch was tender, no bad memories resurfaced.

Then Crucifix asked what had gone wrong. Dayton felt his ears beginning to ring, as if his mind was refusing to relive the hours before his tragic experience. What had caused him to come here? Why couldn't he remember anything? He shook his head in a bewildered way and gazed into those amethyst eyes. "It's the strangest thing, Crucifix, but... I really don't know what happened. I came here somehow, and then all I remember is darkness." He chuckled bleakly, narrowly avoiding a coughing fit in the process. "Not very helpful, is it?"

The russet boy gave a nod and shifted as his companion rose to his feet. He would go find water for Day. Give both of them some time to think. Also, despite his close encounter with drowning, the smaller boy felt suddenly thirsty. It must be the shock, Dayton thought. He pushed the thoughts aside and managed a smile for the dark pelted brute. "Water. Yes. Water would be nice." Then he waited.

It seemed to be much later when Crucifix returned with water carried in the scraped hide of a rabbit. Dayton had fallen asleep and jolted awake when the other wolf returned. "Oh, thank you," he murmured, his increasing strength evident in his steady voice. Already the male was recovering. Everything would be fine. His body sang with relief as the cold stream of water trickled down his throat. This time it would go where it was supposed to go. Water could give and it could take away, but this time it was giving. He drank the entire container and let loose a slight grumble of content. "I appreciate all of this help, Crucifix. It means more to me than you could ever imagine."

With that, the boy settled into the sand again and waited for his fur to dry.
Walk."Talk."Think.