Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Thor's ears flattened as Loki pulled the puppy away from him like he was going to hurt it. Come on, really? Out of the two of them, it was Loki who would probably do the most harm. He'd already taken them from wherever they belonged. Was that not harm?

"They don't have a mother." Loki said, causing Thor to snort derisively. Loki went on... "And I would have you all stop insinuating I stole them, because-" ...and Thor snorted again. Yeah. Those puppies were about as not stolen as Thor's father had been not cray cray.

Thor snorted again at Loki's statement of him having a problem. Of course he had a problem...he stole puppies. Anyone who ever stole a pup from its mother had issues regardless of circumstances. It was something that was extremely hard to justify and there was no way Loki of all wolves would have a good reason. He just wasn't the type.

"These are my pups. The mother did not want them and would have killed them had I not taken them now. I know they are too young but I had no choice. Please," Thor's eyes had been squinted in suspicion up until the word 'please'. Loki...said please. The brute looked around at the faces of those gathered. Was this some kind of weird joke? Or worse. Was he dead? Was this some kind of dark humored hell that he was going to have to rot in now? Yeah, he had to be dead, because not only had Loki, the most arrogant wolf Thor knew, called for help, but he'd said please. The brute couldn't remember the last time he'd heard Loki say the word, if he'd ever heard it at all. His brother just wasn't the type.

Loki's further use of the words 'help' and 'please' and his admission that he didn't know what to do finally managed to make a crack in Thor's certainty. A tiny sliver of doubt worked its way in. Okay, so if those really were Loki's why had Loki taken them? Did he really care for them? If he did care...what? That was possible? Thor assumed that the place where Loki's heart was supposed to be was filled with snark and a sticky black substance. That he might actually care about those pups (who may or may not be his) was more stunning than if Loki had come up and told him that he (Loki) could shoot lightning out of his butt...and then proved it.

Erani took over and as the conversation turned to lactating Thor felt his ears go red. As she explained that it was possible to make a female produce milk by letting puppies..um...suckle...Thor thought his ears were going to burst into flame. He made a point not to look at Imena. In fact, he made a point not to look at anyone and turned his gaze to the horizon where it was safe.

As he was staring at the sun it occurred to him that if these pups were Loki's than he was their uncle. This revelation was stunning. Of course he'd expected to have nieces and nephews at some point, mostly because it was expected of them, but now that it was (possibly) happening he wasn't sure how to handle it. And they were (possibly) Loki's no less! He had to ask, "They're really yours, Loki?" The brute's voice was uncharacteristically soft. He wasn't trying to get a rise out of his brother, he genuinely had to, wanted to, know. Loki was a liar, but if he could look him in the eye and say they were his, Thor might just believe him.

Speech
[Image: 2z9gv88.png]