Ellis

gems
size
build
player
05-09-2014, 08:28 PM

"Go and Wander." Said my heart.

...and so I would wander.
Ellis would wince a bit as the child spoke, her snappy word choice hurting the healer, whether she realized it or not. The woman would give a soft sigh, teal-green gaze lowering. ?Laria... What you are doing in hardly being fair...? She would shake her head. ?I am trying to compromise with you... So that neither of gets in trouble. Do you have any idea how devastated your mother and father would be if something happened to you? ...and it would be my fault for letting you into the larger waters before you had more practice swimming.? Ellis would look to the pup now, ears lowered some.

The growl... Was hardly necessary. If anything it served to hurt her heart all the more. ?We don?t try and do these things because we don?t know what it is like to have fun, or because we want to upset you or anything of the sort. Laria... Things in this world can be more dangerous then they seem... More dangerous than you know. The water of the bay is one example of that. Your mother hasn?t let you in yet because you don?t know how to swim... And she likely hasn?t tried to teach you because the water there is darker... And you have a dark pelt. If you were to go under and flail underneath the surface... There is chance we might not be able to find you in time... And wolves can not breathe underwater, believe me.? The healer would lower her gaze again.

?I do not want to fight with you, Laria... But... I don?t want to see you hurt either. So please, I am asking you not to go into the bay yet. I promise I will teach you to swim... But you can not go off and jump into things before you are prepared for them.?

"Speech"
"Settle down." Said my heart.

...and so here it was I would settle down.