Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-10-2014, 06:59 AM

It was difficult to follow, with the man shifting so swiftly from his foreign words to the heavily accented common speech. Qanik though, was patient and had no wish to antagonize the wolf any more than she had, so she listened carefully and sorted out the few words she could. He seemed to be offering to teach her the northern tongue.

Qanik smiled serenely, a soft shake of her head her wry reaction to the thought. "I doubt I would be an apt pupil. I'm rather old and set in my ways to learn a new language." She cocked her head to the side thoughtfully. "But I would not turn it down if you wanted to teach me a few words." It would be a useful skill, to be bilingual as this man was, though Qanik had serious doubts about her ability to learn. She was getting rather up there in years. Still it was tempting. Long ago her family pack likely spoke a similar language though they'd slowly switched to the common tongue as they made contact with other packs, long before she'd been birthed. It felt like... a way she could feel connected to the family she'd lost.

Speech,