gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
05-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

Her pace was purposeless, easy and unhurried, as the scents of the north wafted over her and brought her back. She could almost see them all by now, her family, as they made the long trip back to the forest of their birth. It was hard to picture her mother now; she had disappeared when she was still so young. Her brother as well, though she felt the strong sense of irritation just thinking about him. He did not even need a form, his attitude alone had been enough. Her father, as she remembered him before his sudden sickness, was rather clear, his blue eyes a prominent memory. She could see her sister best, remember her smile and how it would touch her eyes, how her tail would wag when offered even a small kindness. Another face rose, one white with purple eyes, grinning with teeth showing in an unnerving, smug way...

Callisto blinked unexpectedly, the world around her finally coming back into focus. Where had he come from? Why had he invaded her thoughts? She drew in another breath, a scent ghosting across it, but by the time she put two and two together she heard his voice, as if the vision in her mind had spoken aloud. The grey and black wolf stopped, turned her head, and stared openly startled at Lel. Damn it! What the hell had she done to deserve this? Why could she not be done with him already?

Her expression changed, darkening, her silvery blue eyes narrowed as her ears tipped back. "Don't flatter yourself," she answered venomously, "I seem to have stepped into a nightmare." In her mind he writhed in pain from the mental afflictions she was wishing upon him but in reality he showed none of those signs. Pity. Someone else approached as well, a female with a coat that bore a white as pristine and clear as Lel's and black as dark and flat as her own. The girl's sparkling blue eyes seemed to hold some unease, perhaps even a warning of jealousy, but Callisto did not care. Though the question had been made for the purple-eyed male - who was presently being possessively leaned against by the black and white girlfriend - Callisto ventured to answer as if finishing the introduction available to her. "I'm just leaving. Please, don't feel obligated to stop me." With a false, bitter smile, Callisto stepped back and then made to turn and continue along her path, hopefully very, very far away from this spot.