ardent

HELD

Roman

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Roman knew that Arcanum could become a powerful ally, the pack was new- and perhaps the female was a bit quick in accepting the alliance, but she always relied on her gut instinct. That gut instinct hadn't screamed that it was a bad idea, so she of course, accepted it. Cataleya was an interesting woman to speak with, one that Roman later hoped to have a more in depth and perhaps more personal conversation with. They were both Queens, yes, but that didn't mean that they couldn't get to know one another.

As she spoke of Ebony, she watched Qanik, save for the moments she had to look away. However, she didn't miss the hackles rising on the other woman at the words that Roman said, and she fought the childish urge not to flinch away. She held her place though, even though she couldn't help but feel as if some of the other woman's anger were directed towards her. Trying to box in her emotions, emotions that she knew weren't appropriate she replied to Qanik's questions. "She asked if I wanted retribution. I declined it." She said simply, her tone weak. "If my father knew how weak I was... how I let him walk away... He'd be ashamed. She chuckled slightly, her voice holding a sarcastic edge too it, though her eyes reflected that fear. She did fear her father's judgement. She felt as if she was going to let everyone down.

Qanik moved, bumping her muzzle against Roman's shoulder and the queen relished in the contact. It warmed her heart, as Qanik spoke but also prodded the burden in her mind. Would she disappoint them all? Leaning forward, she returned the contact, her own muzzle brushing out to brush against the other woman's shoulder. As she pulled away, she admitted, "I constantly feel like I'm messing up. Like I'm going to do the wrong thing or say the wrong thing and let everyone down. This pack is my family now, I feel like letting you down... would destroy me." No, she hadn't intended to let this conversation become so raw- so emotional but once the bottle had been uncorked it seemed she couldn't stop herself. Would Qanik think less of her for speaking of her insecurities as a leader? Roman felt that they made her less of a leader, that constant fear of letting the pack down. Perhaps they weren't the words that Qanik had expected, and Roman found herself wondering if she really had saved Tortuga? Was the pack any better under her leadership? Some days she felt like she was drowning.

Speech,