gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-20-2014, 02:00 PM

Novel had no qualms with starting the lesson as soon as her daughter had arrived. She was in no mind to wait while any other's brought themselves forward. Not that she would expect them there. Everyone was still recovering, and absence to this small lesson would be forgiven and forgotten. Healing was not Novel's strongest suit, but she knew the basics well enough to teach her daughters with ease. At her request Novella would offer her all the information she'd been shared. "I once helped Symphony with healing someone's wounds after a fight, but I didn't really know what I was doing." Wound healing, yes, one of the most helpful of tasks. They would do well to go over what little she had seen. "Mostly Song taught us about the different uses of the mangroves and I've picked up a few basic bits from listening at the healing meeting, not a lot though." She would nod, accepting what she knew and becoming ready to expand upon that.
"First, we can go over dressing battle wounds." another nod would be given, "When you come in contact with an open wound you want to make sure the bleeding is controlled. If they are loosing blood everywhere they can easily loose consciousness or die." Such an important topic! There was so much to know, and so much that could potentially go wrong. "After the bleeding has stopped you'll need to clean the wounds. A stream or a lake is best, but your tongue will also do just fine." Cleaning the wound was almost as important as stopping the bleeding. "You may have to clean it more than once. If you can get something to cover the wound you may not have to clean it as often, but it's important nothing gets in the flesh. Infection can easily set in if the wound isn't cleaned." There would be more to address, dressing the wound, and plants she could use to help prevent infection. For now though, these small basics would be immensely helpful.

"Speech"