gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-20-2014, 08:29 PM

On night patrol, as she so often was, Katja was surprised to catch scent of Raisa, and to hear her alpha's voice call to her. Backtracking, she came upon her. Tears wet the woman's face in the starlight, and Katja silently twined around the auburn and gray woman like a cat, pressing against her in support. Whatever was wrong, whoever had wronged Raisa, Katja would take care of it. She would not simply by virtue of her oath, but friendship. Wordless she did listen as the alpha, the woman she'd oathsworn herself to, asked her take care of everything, the children...

And Katja understood. Raisa was leaving again, and expected her to stay to take care of things while she was gone. Her mouth opened to protest, to insist she go to guard her back as her oath demanded... but no sound came, and she closed her jaws to press her cheek to Raisa's with love and understanding, to whisper in her ear, "Gods go with you, Raisa Xanilov. Your pack and your children will be cared for. I will protect them with my life, this I do swear." She gently rubbed her face along Raisa's in a feline manner, then stepped back. Raisa fled, and Katja's silver eyes closed on a sigh as she sent a prayer winging up to the gods. Protect her and guide her, she pleaded with them. Bring her back safely. Her eyes opened once more to regard Raisa's retreating form. "Fare you well, my friend," her words wove through the trees to follow the former alpha of Ebony.

Turning, she moved to continue on her patrol. She would finish out her duties as a knight this night. She would begin anew in the morn.

"Speech"