ardent

Stories of the Past

Io

gems
size
build
player
05-04-2013, 01:42 PM
The other female seemed confused at her statement, and the tiny lupine watched as her expression become something a bit more pointed. The dark lupine laughed, and the sound struck Io as something negative, sad, bitter, there was something there that shouldn't have been there and Io wasn't sure what to make of it. Her words only backed up her thoughts on the matter, and the albino mentally paused as she realized that she had probably hit a nerve with the other. "Sorry." She mouthed, letting her eyes fall from the other's golden gaze. Yet the stranger didn't seem to be too upset with her - or all that upset really, in an odd way.

Because she was grinning at her, as if this was a funny, awkward moment and perhaps to this dark female that was exactly what it was. Io managed a smile on her own face, small and empathetic and still apologetic because no one should feel like they're missing everything. Yet it was a feeling that the female had felt on occasion. Being lonely was a terrible thing - and it was something that she would probably be feeling, if she was alone out here with no sound or others to keep her company.

The question that she asked was a simple one, and the female was not embarrassed to answer it. "My family, my brothers." They were the ones that were missing, she missed them dearly, and where it was once a sore aching spot within her, it was not a simple subtly longing for what she had before everything fell apart. "I'm looking for them." It was the answer to her first question - pertaining to why she was here in the first place. Although, it wasn't all that there was, at least that was what the female felt, she was looking for more than just her siblings nowadays. A place to belong perhaps? And yet she didn't like large groups or big responsibilities so she stayed clear of committing herself to a pack.

"Why are you alone?" She eventually asked, curious as to why she was a rogue when there were plenty of packs here in Alacritis. Her ears twitched as she settled down, still standing, but looking less like she had done something wrong and asked all of the wrong things.