ardent

A Call to His Highness

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM

As the large white canid before him spoke, giving a small overview of Abaven's ranking system, the young russet male lowered his hind end to the ground, his long ebony-tipped tail being thrown carelessly at his side. Slightly flopped ears pricked, only the very tips curling forward, while dull grey eyes watching the Azat, Xae's gaze unwavering as Abaven's pale leader spoke. Bass finished his talk with a question, and the dark rust-colored male paused to consider the question, his head cocking just slightly. His eyes finally shifted from Bass's face to an area in the top right of his vision, then the bottom left as he thought the question over. Finally, coming to a decision after a few seconds, he looked back up at Bass. "I believe I would be best utilized as a healer, Azat Bass. Though my current knowledge on herbs is minimal, I am a skilled student and capable of learning new things very quickly." He paused a moment, smirking just the slightest and giving an off-handed shrug of his right shoulder. "I imagine your head healer will find me rather impressive in that regard." His usual cool, polite, quiet manner slid aside, giving way to puplike over-confidence for only a moment, before Xae's attention was again captured by yet another wolf.

Not that Xae minded in the least. She smelled similar to Bass and the unnamed dark brown female, but looked very different, very distinguished. Her colors were split almost in half, with a light, rich brown painting her topline, and a creamy white that covered the rest of her body, aside from two strange lines beneath her eyes, and a black strip from her nose to her stop, right between her eyes. Though the lines were also beneath the eyes of Bass and the other, silent female, the lighter fae's lines were not neatly curved, but straight, with sharp points and bold, square edges. Xae's own eyes finally met hers - which were odd and beautiful and duo-toned and really, how could anyone have such amazing eyes? - and it was then that he realized he had been staring. Stiffening, he turned sharply away, his jaws snapping shut - when had they even fallen open? The russet male had missed the conversation shared between the two, but he didn't think it would prove important anyhow. His body remained rigid with the effort to keep his eyes on Bass and not the pretty light female at the Azat's side.

"Speech"
Thought