ardent

time is a runaway

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM

The russet male remained crouched, slight flopped ears pricking high, grey eyes watching the lightly colored female. He copied her movements, though sneaking about was one of his specialties. Being a loner, Xae was quite used to having to be sly, cunning, and sneaky. But he followed nonetheless, watching her every movement. He nodded his dark skull when she gave him a helpful hint, eyes darting to the old and injured deer. Briefly, Xae wondered if she would ask his help, but she didn't. Huata crouched, Xae following her lead, and then sprang forward, grasping the deer. Grey gaze remained on the light orange fae, watching as she used her weight to bring the buck down. Xae was impressed. And doubted he would be able to do the same. She beckoned him, and he came loyally, trotting to her side. He gave her a small smile. "You are a skilled huntress. But I do not think I would be quite so successful. I am not very muscular. Perhaps in time I shall be able to take down game as large as this." His stomach gurgled as the scent of the freshly slaughtered ungulate tempted and teased his nose. But Xae waited for Huata to take the first bite. This was, after all, her kill.

"Speech"
Thought