Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Thoughts were racing quickly through his mind, like the wind. He was slowly getting an idea, an idea unlike anything he had gotten before. And it scared him, but he was exhilerated at the same time. Like being caught in the eye of the storm, looking out at the power and change all around you. If he just took a step forward, he could become part of the movement, part of the power. He could make a difference in someone's life. This boy was orphaned, and as Dayton listened he heard him said that he wished for his parents back. Or he wished for new parents.

Dayton had always wanted to be a father, ever since he had met Misha. But then she had forgotten him, and Pacifica came along, reviving those thoughts. Now she was gone too, and here was Aeolus, reaching out a helpless paw in need. Perhaps... "Maybe you could have a new pair of parents. Or a new father, at least." Amber eyes were fixed on something in the distance, but he broke from that trance and leaned down to give the little boy a gentle nuzzle. "I know you don't know me well, but I could promise to take care of you. I could be your new family, your new father," he offered, heart pounding in his chest. "What do you say?"

Dayton seeked to dry the tears that stained his mismatched eyes. He wanted to see Aeolus smile again, for that was such a beautiful thing to see. He nudged the black pup with his nose once more, looking tenderly down on him as he waited for a response. "We could leave here," he whispered. "We could go someplace warm, start a pack of our own. You could be my son." The words came out before he could think it through. Start a pack of his own? Is that what Dayton wanted to do?

"SPEECH"