gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
07-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

He had been told once about the Hot Springs, but they had never much interested him. The noisy Sunset Falls with all its gentle slopes and curves had drawn him to it more readily, not only with wildlife that abounded in the area but also because of the solitude the secluded little bends in it provided. Typically Requiem went there when he wanted to think or have a moment alone, soothed by the sound of the falls and quieted by being allowed to attune himself more closely with the world around him. But he felt tuned enough already, comfortable and content if not outright happy. It was a step in the right direction, and he hoped to continue making more.

Which was why he had aimed his course for the Hot Springs in the first place. He needed somewhere new to go, and considering it was one of the only places attached to his home of Ludicael he had yet to see the boy figured it was long overdue. His paws carried him slowly along, no rush to his gait, and his teal-green eyes watched closely for the telltale signs that would signify him entering the new bit of territory. He found it in the form of steam, warm and a little smothering but curious to him nonetheless. Intrigued, he continued on.

It should have crossed his mind that with as many pack members as his home sported - and with as large as his family was - that he was bound to run into someone. But even so, when he finally spotted the first of the hot spring pools and ventured closer to get a better look, seeing the young face poking up above the water still startled him. He stopped almost immediately, trying hastily to stop himself from falling forward, and felt his heart race at the unintentional scare the other wolf had given him. He was sure if she had not heard him walk up that she had at least heard him stumble to a halt, and he was quick to try and excuse his graceless behavior. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he stammered, ears tucking apologetically, "I didn't mean to..." What, exactly? Jump at the first sign of someone when he was expecting no one? "Bother you." Close enough.