gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Helios wasn?t quite sure where he had gone wrong, what had happened to make his son quite so vengeful, where had he failed? He bristled as once more venom flew from the albino?s lips. ?Every parent prays that their children are healthy, that they are all alright! Do you think that any parent wants to find a child broken in one way or another? I did what was expected in the event nothing more, emotions do not factor into it.? Had the situation been less volatile Apollo might have been able to get a confession. Helios had feared for the child, had dreaded it?s abandonment but he had accepted it all the same. Had he prayed that it be safe? Perhaps though he would never admit to it. Apollo drew closer and Helios remained stony. ?If you know that then how can you judge me? How can you pretend that I did anything but what was needed of me??
The boy before him hardly seemed the child he had watched grow up, somewhere along the way Apollo had changed and Helios was powerless to the dread that gripped him. ?Look at me.? And so he did, lifting his gaze from the ground. ?Apollo, pelt color has never been indicative of your worth, of anyone?s worth, if it were then you would not exist for your mother would never have come to us. You belong because of your blood, simple as that.? The boy spoke again, and Helios felt his defiance returning.
?Child or not, we are bound the laws the Gods have set down for us!? His own voice raising as he spoke. ?Or have you forgotten that?? Helios could feel his temper rising, a rare phenomenon to be sure. ?You speak of not belonging, but has it ever occurred to you that while we have all been reaching out, it is you who has pulled away. If you feel you do not belong maybe you should consider that it is your own fault, not the color of your pelt no, but you clinging so tightly to the role of victim you can?t see the truth anymore.?
"What if it had been me?" Gods. Helios shrunk back again, dropping his gaze once more. ?If it had been you?? He spoke softly giving an ever so slight nod, ?If it had been Hermes, if it had been your cousins, if it had been me.? He lifted his gaze then. When he had been young that thought had plagued his mind, once upon a time he had felt much the way Apollo had. I had scared him more though, the knowledge that the only thing that had separated him from death and life had been an uncontrollable accident before he was born.

Talk like this