ardent

Be strong like stone, but swift like the wind.

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
08-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Her words were so warm, so kindly. Who was this woman, who offered her such kindness? Sure Roseletta had given her name... but Arietta didn't understand where she had come from. To become strong in her own way... was such a thing still possible? From her earliest days Arietta didn't understand strength... nor was there need or energy to fight. It was a struggle just to survive. Quietly the fox-like girl would follow after the slightly larger woman, gaze questioning and yet, a light of gratefulness lit her eyes. Perhaps... perhaps it really wasn't too late? She was not yet on the right path, but maybe she could turn things around... if given the chance. But the words the woman spoke, of fighting for food against siblings and parents, it made Arietta's blood run cold.

"No, actually..." The fae could remember bits and pieces of her puppyhood. It was hardly... happy. "I never knew my father... and my mother was sick. The only sibling I ever knew passed away around three moons I suppose. Mother was weak... it was hard for her to hunt for us or teach us anything. We didn't fight... we were fighting so hard just to survive... there was no room for hurting each other... we all wanted the same thing. To live... but... I am the last of that part of my family." Gaze would lift now to the foxes that were napping after their meal. It made her heart ache hearing the story. If she had someone who had been able to help her learn... would she be stronger now? Would she have been able to face things? Something again stirred in her mind, and Arietta would close her faded blue eyes.

"It is natural for a mother to teach her pup things... regardless of species... You seem to think they will have some sort of skill on their own... but it will never be honed enough to be truly useful without being taught..." Arietta would open her gaze, looking at the female with a sad gaze. "I'm sorry... I'm just wasting your time here. You don't need to try and help me you know... you are not bound to me in any way." Yet the look in her gaze begged for help. To have a friend who could help coax her out of this darkness. To help her take control of her life once more.

Speech, Thought