ardent

The Worse Kind Of Pain

Xae

gems
size
build
player
08-19-2014, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 08:16 PM by Xae.)

His heart soared sky high when Harmony praised him, and his eyes lingered on her approving face for a moment longer than intended. The shuffling of paws caught his attention, and he noticed Bass attempting to stand and walk on his own. Immediately, Xae moved to help him, even if he would have likely fallen himself under the brute's weight, but stopped short when a dark rust female beat him to it. Mirabelle leaned up against Bass's right shoulder, helping to support the pale Azat's weight. Her words here harsh, but he could hear the care behind the threat. Besides, he didn't take the threat seriously, and he doubted Bass did. Another wolf appeared, as well, a slate blue male that Xae somewhat recalled seeing, but never actually meeting. His speech was... frankly, heartwarming, and it almost made Xae jealous that he wasn't able to say something so supportive. Though Xae had a way with words, he wasn't always to most social or talkative of creatures. But he did nod along with the larger male's words, agreeing wholeheartedly. He opened his mouth to add in his own voice, to verbally support his Azat, to promise his loyalty to the pale leader, no matter what. But two voices arose before his could.

First, the pale she-wolf that had been curled around Bass upon Xae's arrival. She had rounded on Mirabelle in an instant. Grey orbs blinked in surprise. He turned to Harmony to see what she would think of such a thing, and was surprised to find that the woman he was silently in love with had also turned to Mirabelle with a growling voice. Xae cocked his head, genuinely confused. Had he missed something? Did the two females catch a genuine threat from Mirabelle's words? Though he hadn't known her long, Xae was pretty accustomed to Mirabelle's brutal way in she spoke, and a part of him had come to enjoy it. And after all, had anyone else helped Bass? Even if all had begun to, it was Mirabelle that was at the Azat's side immediately, wasn't it? Obviously she cared about his well-being. In Xae's opinion, it was even clearer in her words. She wanted to make sure Bass didn't injure himself further. Looking between the two pale defensive females, Xae had to wonder. Were all she-wolves so... catty?

With a quiet sight, he trotted before the slate blue male, nodding his head. "That was an astounding speech, with incredibly true words that I am confident speak for all of Abaven's members. I am ashamed to say I could not have said it better myself. Thank you." With the male properly thanked, Xae turned to the females of the group. "Excuse me for saying so, but I do not believe Bjuni Mirabelle meant her threat to be literal, Lady Harmony, and uh... I apologize, I do not know your name." His eyes remained on the pale female that he didn't recognize(Wren) for a moment before turning to Harmony. "As it is, slightly harsher than necessary words aren't a priority. Getting Bass to his den is." His voice remained even, his face stoic. His eyes searched the eyes of the two pale females, almost daring them to argue that getting Bass safe and sound was not a number one priority.

"Speech"
Thought