ardent

Hearts on Fire

Apollo

gems
size
build
player
08-22-2014, 02:09 AM

If Apollo had been in a better state of mind he would see just how much his father cared for him, and deep down he knew that his sire loved him. But he was not in that place at the moment, he was dealing with his own inner demons. He didn't understand how his father could just shut off his emotions when it came to a matter such as this, like tossing a defenseless child into a river. but his father's words rang true, causing the spitting demon to flinch away from Helios. He was right, he was in no space to judge him for doing what their laws required of him. "Maybe some laws were meant to be broken, sometimes the hardest of them are spoken. But your son should have been a token, or am I being outspoken?" He asked, his voice spoken in an angered whisper. He knew that their laws were quite firm, and that Helios had done nothing but what he had to. But could he not just haven bent the rule, even a little?

His sire's gaze rose up to meet his, his salmon gaze burning into the red depths. He listened with raised hackles as he explained that it was the blood that mattered, not the colour of his coat. He was right in saying that his mother too had a coat that was different, one that was not blessed with the godly colours that were usually displayed on Olympus members. Feeling his anger die down, Apollo let out a soft sigh. Perhaps he was right, maybe it was time that he focused instead on his blood and not on how others saw him. "I am not the only one who thinks so, others do view me as a diseased crow. It is hard for me to think as you do, it is hard to think of myself anew." The albino beast's words grew softer and softer, seeming to calm down to try and see reason.

However, Helios' next words did nothing to put out the flame within his heart. He recoiled at the blow of his words, his lips pulling back once more as a snarl tore though his throat. "I've done all I thought to do! Why should I stick around and make you carry my burdens too? There are things that my heart seek, and here things seemed to bleak. My brothers soul lingers, I can almost feel his cold fingers. I had to get away, I could not hold my feelings at bay!" He cried, stepping further away from the dark red man as his head shook to and fro. He had run, he had left his family to seek things out, to find something out there that he felt like his heart called for. Was it Chryseis that he yearned for? He knew that he cared for her, but... he just felt so lost.

His attention turned back to his father, seeming to ignore his last words. He understood what he was saying though, if it had been anyone, even himself, than the same thing would have had to happen. "Do you feel lost father?" He asked, no longer able to hold his body upright. Falling onto his rump he let out a sigh, his head hanging as he fought with the endless anger that taunted him from within. He felt lost, oh so lost.